Reeves Immigration Law Group Partner Flomy Javier Diza will be serving as a member of the faculty for the 2023 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law, to be held June 21-24, 2023 at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando, FL. Flomy’s panel, “Managing Moving Parts in Family-Based Cases: Priority Dates, Interfiling, Automatic Conversions, CSPA,” will delve into several topics surrounding family-based immigration cases, including the changes that may occur during the immigration process and evolving family relationships. Find further details on the panel below, and click the following links for more information on the conference, and to register.
Managing Moving Parts in Family-Based Cases: Priority Dates, Interfiling, Automatic Conversions, CSPA
Saturday, June 24, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
Discussion Leader – Elizabeth Bruen
Speaker – Flomy Javier Diza
Speaker – Ursula Trimmings
Changed circumstances are integral to representing a client, particularly in light of current lengthy adjudication times. Panelists will focus on changes that result from family case processing, including dynamics of evolving family relationships (particularly marriage and its termination), children and their age, employment sponsorship, and Visa Bulletin developments.
Featured Topics include:
- Evaluating and advising on immigrant visa preference category impact
- Automatic conversion and retaining preference category
- Migrating employment-based petitions to family-based petitions
- Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) protections in the face of adjudication delays
- Lawful permanent resident (LPR) adjustment trends and prospects